Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Room Fit For A Pixie...

Once upon a time, there was a very lonely room...

♥



♥

It was a basement room where travelers once stayed, but after the travelers left to find a home of their own, the room sighed with loneliness and longing.

♥

"I'll fix you!" I exclaimed. "You will be fit for even the pickiest of guests! Even a Pixie!"

♥

The room frowned, doubtful of my abilities to breathe life back into his lonely walls - his bare, dented being.

♥

I just shook my head, using the room's doubt to fuel my ambitions.

♥

All day I worked, lathering the walls, scrubbing the floor. Soon, soft surfaces began to appear within his bare heart: fabrics, curtains, and plush pillows for warmth.

♥

I saw the room grin, though he did not mean for me to see it. He did not want me to know that I was right - I could fix it!

♥

When the work was done I stood back with a sigh, admiring the beauty of the rooms new heart.

♥



♥



 ♥

The room caved in. "Thank you," he breathed happily, a glint of a giggle in the voice.

♥

I nodded with satisfaction. It was indeed a room fit for the pickiest of Pixie's...

♥

My mother.

♥

1 comment:

Keary Taylor said...

Wow, it looks great! Awesome job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails