Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Never Knew Cooking Seafood Could Be So Dangerous...

So, here I am, all excited to simmer my beautiful two pounds of fresh mussels in a delightful white wine sauce. I was ecstatic, following the recipe to a "T" because I knew just how good these puppies could be. So I begin...

Simmer...

Simmer Simmer...

Simmer down now!....


...

Hmmm... Lets check them! BAM!!!!!


...

Um...

eeerrrrrr............. ummmmmm....... ooooooohhhhh-KAY!

My husband nearly fell off his chair, and upon looking at me, his eyes got wide. "Babe... your bangs..."


Hand to head, crispy southern bangs... then I smelled burnt hair... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"



I guess I didn't expect the explosion. I had tipped the lid and the alcohol that had condensed on it must have dripped into the gas flame. This had never happened to me before. I have a Christmas party to go to, and I have curly, smokey, crispy fried bangs.

CRISPY FRIED!!!!


But...

The mussels turned out good :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails