Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bread Crumbs...

I used to be a baker but for whatever reason I can't seem to get it right when I bake bread at home. Because of this, I've decided to dive deeper into this world of crumbs, disecting just what it is that always wants to make my bread taste like raw flour. Dense. Rather bland...  

     spew...

At the organic bakery where I worked, we used to have a big foamy pot of living yeast that had been hanging around in the fridge for twelve years...

     TWELVE years...

Maybe that's what made it taste so good... Fermenting masses of yeasty-beasties dancing about with a litle sugar and malt....

    malt... yum.

Well, so today I'm experimenting with new flours and I'm going to attempt to make ciabatta bread.



I've never made it before and I think that's a good thing. I found this great website called:


Check it out for yourself, it seems awesome, and the bread looks amazing...

Off I go to get crumby!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails