Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paco Gets a Haircut...



Two years I've been growing this Purple Clover, and Paco finally gave up.


He turned to me and said, "Seriously, the cats keep eating me and my leaves are so big I can no longer hold them up! I think it's in our best interest to cut my hair and save the cats their digestive discomfort."


I touched my finger to my chinny chin chin and thought for a moment. "But, Paco, what if your hair doesn't grow back? You came from my grandmother who brought you all the way from Switzerland. You're not an average clover, you're Swiss!"


Paco laughed, his accent really coming out now. "Aft! I am strong! I survived a ten hour flight and a few hour layover in Heathrow, in coach none-the-less! If I can survive that, I can survive the haircut!"


I took out the sharpest sheers I owned, my lips pressed together as I gazed upon the blades. "I promise to cut fast."


He shook his withering petals. "Danke gleichfalls."


I held my breath and cut fast, taking his extra hair and saving it in a vase.


Over the next few days I kept a watchful eye on Paco - he had been silent. Day and night I brought him water, day and night I whispered sweet nothings upon the severed stems, until finally, a single petal emerged and Paco whispered to me...


"I feel much better now..."



1 comment:

Brenda said...

You name your plants? lol ;) Cute

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails