Monday, March 22, 2010

Manic Monday: Another Year Older? That's a Good Reason To Be Manic...


Happy Birthday?

I'm finally at that age where you start realizing that you really are getting older. At first you don't see it coming... You aren't getting wrinkles yet, you can still live off three hours of sleep, your metabolism manages to rebound after a long weekend, and life still surprises you...

Well, life will always surprise me, but that whole metabolism thing is definitely out the window. Two words: Rice Cakes...

So long Girl Scout cookies,

Tagalongs,

mint chocolate wafers,

and especially those coconut things...


Nice try, but cupcakes are nothing more than a beautiful reminder of what once was my waist-line... Oh well, right? I guess I have other things to look forward to: Social Security, Depends, and of course Ensure for my future toothless grin.

But...

Then again...

I'm only 26!

So I guess that means there's still a beer in order. And if I play my card right, maybe a New York Times Bestselling Book...

Happy Birthday, Me; and may all my dreams come true!

(and thank goodness for my future Botox... someday...)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Hope you have an amazing birthday!!!

And I hear ya on the metabolism thing...I thought that would hang around well into my 30's and it's long gone :( Rice cakes and V8!

254mochacharlie said...

Just say "NO" to Botox! That's too scary...and you're WAY too young to even be thinking about it!
Enjoy your birthday!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails