Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Poet... Edgar A. Poe

Happy Birthday to Edgar A. Poe, my favorite poet, and fictional character in the Feather Book Series! I've loved Edgar A. Poe for a long time, and when I started the Feather Book Series, I knew I had to put him in my book somehow...

For those of you that have read all three books of the Feather Book Series, you know my rendition of Edgar A. Poe well. I know he was dark, and I know that he was one of the front-runners of the Science Fiction genre (Trust me, I'm right on this) but to me, I always saw a somewhat comedic side.

My character is quirky, funny, strangely addictive and a bit obsessive-compulsive... all the great things that make his role in the Feather Book Series a tall cool glass of water :)

To Edgar A. Poe... he will live forever...


Interesting tidbit: Edgar A. Poe and I share the same numerology, 29/11. This numerology number is special for two reasons.

First: It's a Master Number, meaning we're extra special ha ha. Well, in a way that's true.

Second: The eleven means double creativity, and I bet you can imagine why that part is true for the both of us!

Other 29/11's worth noting would be Leonardo DaVinci, and Giada DeLaurentis from the food network, ha ha. At least those are my favs...


(He's a good lookin old dude, isn't he?)



Dream Within a Dream
by Edgar A. Poe

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep - while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?



1 comment:

Becca said...

I loved how Edgar A. Poe was kinda nutty in Guardian!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails