Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spring Cleaning... Including Evicting the Mice...

I know it's not spring, or anywhere close, but it's been unseasonably warm where I live, and the sun is shining, so why not?

First, I reorganized my office, got all the dust bunnies, or rather cat hair 'tumbleweeds' that seem to mozy through the house and lodge themselves in corners. Especially under the computer tower...

Then, I reorganized the front hall, which meant stashing my husbands collection of shoes that make Mariah Carey's collection look pathetic.

Then, THEN!
My husband and his friend stashed mouse traps. It was time to tell the mice to move on out, since my cats are anything but interested in them. More than likely my cats play board games with them at night... Scrabble... I love Scrabble. I mean, I get it! I really do! It's cold, mice come in, burrow along the ceiling beams in the basement, poop on my house. I get it! Ugh... but really.

Typically, I'm not a big, 'kill animals' person, but seriously. Mice have diseases, enough that I can't even remember them all. Being that I hate germs, and I hate the idea of the hunta-virus, I have to go against my typical animal loving beliefs and just get your average run-of-the-mill mouse traps, equipped with peanut butter...

My husband's friend grew up on a farm, and trust me, playing 'field mouse baseball', is a lot worse than mouse traps... I'd explain, but I don't think you'd want me to. I let him empty the traps and I stay out of it, and WAY out of the room.

I guess my next goal is to tackle the bookshelf...


1 comment:

Becca said...

I don't count wild mice who invade my house and leave diseased droppings as an animal. They've entered "pest" territory at that point. And the thought of the cats playing board games with the mice was hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails