Friday, January 15, 2010

How does that whole 'Highlander' thing work?


Who doesn't love a good Highlander movie, or show! Personally, it's a good ole' favorite of mine!


Last night My husband and I were lying in bed watching TV and we flipped past an eighties edition of the TV show and stopped to watch for a few seconds. I was half asleep at the time, but I turned to my husband and asked, "How does this whole 'Highlander' thing work?


"Are they born immortal?"


"Who decides how old they get?"


"Do they just turn 32 and stop? And why 32?" (or whatever age the actor is)


My husband shrugged and said, "They stop aging when they are adult."


I laughed and said, "They're adult at 32?"


There's something fishy with this whole Highlander "there can only be one" business... I don't know. There are a slew of books out there with endless numbers of immortal teens, and I get it. eighteen, constantly solidified as a hormone driven romance crazed teen. I GET IT! What about that concept is so appealing?? I use it in my book. We all do!


Then I asked my husband, "Why not wait until twenty-five to become immortal, at least then you can rent a car..."


te he....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails