Thursday, April 15, 2010

Idle Hands Doing Not So Idle Things...

I had an immense amount of nervous energy yesterday, so I decided to do something about it!


I re-painted and re-organized the bathroom!


It used to have flat paint, and let me be the first to say that flat paint NEVER works in a bathroom. All the water flying around leaves some serious stains on the walls! Always get a paint that can be washed, like eggshell finish.


Here is the before Image:



Here is the after:



Not that much different, just tidy and clean! I love tidy and clean.


Do you like my sink? I made it myself! I went to an antique store a few years ago and bought that mahogany dresser for $100. My husband modified the drawers to work around the piping, and we bought a basin sink from overstock. I love it! total cost was around $200, which is a steal considering buying a vanity cabinet (just the cabinet) is $400. Trust me, I did that in another bathroom...


 

Coming later today:

I'm starting a new posting series, so be sure to check back!


1 comment:

designbybrenda said...

Better to remodel than each fattening food! ;) Man... I'm so with you. Luckily it is sunny today and I got a walk and some reading time with the boys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails